Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What supermarket has the cheapest groceries?

I was just wondering. I have a Ingles, Piggly Wiggly, Kroger, and a Walmart within 15 miles. Normally I go to Walmart because it's one stop shopping and I don't have to keep getting my son in and out of the car. However in these hard times I don't want to be wasting money either.

Also which one is more coupon friendly? I would like to start using coupons. Now I don't expect to save hundreds like the people on TV but a few bucks here and there would be nice.What supermarket has the cheapest groceries?
Prices can vary from store to store. I often see blogs about how much you can save on product x at Walmart and even get some items free but when I look at my local Walmart the price is much higher than stated on the blogs.



Our local Save A Lot store usually has better prices than most other places in town. They take coupons but they don't carry a lot of name brand items.



On our last shopping day, (last week), we saved around $16 with coupons. Going to Save A Lot for many items instead of getting them at Walmart saved us around $32 more.



Before you buy a Sunday newspaper for the coupon inserts check online to see what's going to be in it. No use in wasting money on a paper if it has nothing in it you can use. Most of the coupons we use we now print online. Make sure to set your printer to print at it's best. If the coupons won't scan some places will reject them. Other places will manually type them in.
Kroger stores usually double coupons up to $1.00 Walmart does not.

Walmart stores give overage back to you if your coupon is valued higher than your item. Kroger does not.



It all depends on what items and coupons you have. Do you organize your coupons with a system? If not have a look at http://brandnamecoupon.com their homepage has some good info and you can actually have coupons mailed to you from that site.



Your best bet is to visit each of these stores once or twice a week on a "grocery day" that you choose and see what kind of deals there are. Also use blogs like http://krazycouponlady.com http://thethriftyguru.com and others to keep updated on the best deals around town.What supermarket has the cheapest groceries?
In my area, WINCO and Food 4 Less beats Walmart by at least 25%.



I use coupons, don't expect to get anything near what the people on TV get. Save a couple of dollars is about all you can reasonably expect.What supermarket has the cheapest groceries?
I never use coupons. The stores that accept them have prices too high for my budget. I use Save-A-Lot and Aldi. Check Aldi's prices here: http://aldi.us/us/html/product_range/pro鈥?/a>
walmart and where i live there is a store called heb they are pretty reasnoble.
walmart hands down
Check the weekly ads to see who has sales on the products you regularly buy. (you can typically find them online - no need to purchase a newspaper) The sale items at regular grocery stores can at times be much cheaper than Walmart's regular prices. Then compare the sales with what you have in coupons. Also, check the grocery store's double coupon policy. I shop at Stop and Shop and they double coupons up to $1.00 so I get significant savings.



I often make two stops on the weekends - one to the grocery store and then one to Walmart. Using sales and coupons, I can typically save about $10-$20/week.

No comments:

Post a Comment