Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Does anyone know the recipe for whipped icing like Ingles?

I don't have an Ingles near me...but I have worked for 4 different supermarkets and they all use a "Bettercreme" for their whipped topping. It is non dairy and comes in as a liquid form and you whip it up.

Pastry pride is one brand

and Rich's Bettercreme is another brand.



I do have my personal recipe for a whipped icing which I use at home and I think it is very good.



WHIPPED TOPPING

1/2 cup boiling water

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1 Tablespoon. Meringue Powder

Dissolve sugar in boiling water, cool completely. Add meringue powder and beat until meringue clings to the beaters, Set aside. In another bowl blend together and then beat for 10 minutes the following ingredients.

2 cups cake %26amp; icing shortening or 1 cup cake %26amp; icing shortening and 1 cup margarine

1 1/2 tsp flavoring

1 pound powdered sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

When all fluffy, add 1/2 of first mixture and beat well. Add remainder of meringue and mix well.
  • wrinkle eye cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment