Friday, January 27, 2012

En ingles Que significa- a mi me da miedo viajar por la noche?

i know its something about nights fear and vacation but its confusing. and should it be por or para?En ingles Que significa- a mi me da miedo viajar por la noche?
The English equivalent of this is, "I am afraid of traveling at night"/"I am scared of traveling at night."



Let's break this down:



"A mi me da miedo..." - Literally, "It gives me fear..."

"viajar por la noche." - Literally, "to travel at/during night." POR must be used and NOT PARA. In Spanish, POR is used in situations where in English we would say "at" night, or "during" the night...



Hope this helps! Congratulations on taking the time to learn a new language. It is a valued skill. :D
I'm not sure what that other person was talking about...



It does mean "I'm scared to travel at night."



However, it's always POR la manana/temprano/noche. "Por" means "by", so literally this would be saying "To me it's scary/frightening to travel by night."



"Para" is used as "for".En ingles Que significa- a mi me da miedo viajar por la noche?
Google Translate!!! Stop coming to us with direct translation help when a 3 and a half second Google search could tell you. In case you can't find it go to TRANSLATE.GOOGLE.COM



The por/para is a more legitimate question, but still able to look up in Google with ease, maybe try searching keywords: "Spanish Help Difference Por Para"



My God, They should have a 30 minute non-skippable lesson for newfags on how to post a legitimate question on Y!AEn ingles Que significa- a mi me da miedo viajar por la noche?
I am afraid to drive at night.



A m铆 me d谩 miedo viajar de noche.



A m铆 me d谩 miedo viajar por la noche.



Either of the above sentences is correct and translate into your English version.
a mi me da miedo viajar por la noche= i am scared to travel at night.

a mi me da miedo viajar para la noche= ( doesnt make sense because it would be) i am scared to travel for the night.
im afraid of traveling on nights and yes you are right it's por
You are not stupid. It means;traveling at night scares me[makes me afraid] It is--por la noche.

No comments:

Post a Comment