Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the meaning of minha filha eun falo ingles nao-its a portuguese language translate in english?

Hi,



the person meant literally: My daughter, I don't speak english.



But it can be translated like: "My dear/My darling I do not talk english".

It can sound sweet, also rude and also ironic, everything depends on the context!



There are many brazilians that don't like to be treated as: "minha filha".



I'm brazilian***What is the meaning of minha filha eun falo ingles nao-its a portuguese language translate in english?
'Minha filha, eu n茫o falo ingl锚s.'

The other users' translation is fine. But I add that, if spoken or written by a fluent speaker of Portuguese, it might be a joking way to say 'I don't know anything of English', because putting the negation adverb after the verb (or object) is not the pattern in educated Portuguese, although repeating the adverb is quite common(er) (and inexpedient: 'Minha filha, eu n茫o |or 'num', a corruption more common in the Northeast of Brazil| falo ingl锚s n茫o').
My daughter, I don't speak English...it could also mean my dear (if the person she is talking to is not actually her daughter, and/or the person who is saying this phrase usually is older and is speaking to a person younger than them). Thats what it means though.What is the meaning of minha filha eun falo ingles nao-its a portuguese language translate in english?
they said it all.

that person should be Brazilian.

A Portuguese person would say:

"minha filha eu n茫o falo ingl锚s", and that's not considered rude or sarcasm, quite the opposite.What is the meaning of minha filha eun falo ingles nao-its a portuguese language translate in english?
"Minha filha, eu nao falo ingles, nao" means "My dear, I don't speak English" (literally 'my daughter').

Repeating "nao" at the end of the sentence is a caracteristic of colloquial Portuguese.
It means:



My daughter, I don't speak Portuguese.



Minha filha is used as a term of endearment, such as 'honey', 'dear' or 'sweetheart'.
Hey Miley C ( as in Miley Cyrus?) nice name!



Well the correct sentence is : minha filha eu nao fal ingles.

Which means: My daughter I don't speak English!



Hope that helps!
i dont speak english my daughter. thats what i translates to if you put nao in front of eu.

No comments:

Post a Comment