Monday, February 6, 2012

Should I follow up after submitting a job application?

I submitted a job application today to Ingles. (In case you don't know, it's a chain of grocery stores, sort of a Southern thing.) So I'm trying to figure out when and if I should do a follow up phone call or visit or something because a friend of mine who works there said that I should go in about every other day and inquire about openings but my mother says not to. What do I do now?Should I follow up after submitting a job application?
I don't think a potential employer will view a little tenacity in a bad light. Stop in a few times, perhaps even introducing yourself to the appropriate manager for the department you want to work in, or the general manager of the store.



If you are granted an interview, always follow up. There is nothing wrong with a phone call or thank you note thanking the person for their time, and to again express your interest in working at that store.

No comments:

Post a Comment