Friday, February 3, 2012

Where can I buy Vegemite in the US?

Do they sell it at stores like Ingles and Bi-Lo?Where can I buy Vegemite in the US?
SORRY BUT WHAT IS VEGEMITE????



EDIT... THANKS FOR THE THUMBS DOWN!!!!
I've only seen Marmite in the British food sections of the large grocery stores, not Vegemite, sadly.



You might have to end up getting it from somewhere like everythingaustralian.comWhere can I buy Vegemite in the US?
german store by us gets some in . they have an international section with imports from other places.Where can I buy Vegemite in the US?
Garage is great place (only kidding) when I came back from Aussie land (lived there for 9 years) I contacted TOPS back in Parramatta, and asked how to get some shipped over to the USA or what store to go to, I went to Price Chopper (Golub corp.) and asked to order some, how much. They got me a case of it from California, and charged me for it. Not to bad in price, and it lasted for ever. You would have to buy at least a case, to make it worth your while (cost wise). I am sure you could do that, or any imported food store, although my way was considerably less in unit price.
If you have a good preferably local grocery store near you, ask the manager for it each time you are there--most stores will honor reasonable requests (such as this one) if they can. Besides a local grocery that used to carry it, I have seen Vegemite in specialty food stores in some big cities. All in all, it may be easier to find an internet site and order a large supply to keep shipping costs down. From my understanding, it has a very long shelf-life (I used to get it for the exchange counselors at a camp where I worked).



Happy gathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment