Monday, February 6, 2012

Is English Considered A Foreign Language Throughout Most Of Los Angeles ?

I remember last time I was down there and I got lost, I got 6 "no hablo Ingles" responses from people before I finally found a guy who's proficiency in English was good enough that he could give me directions on how to get to Universal Studios Hollywood.Is English Considered A Foreign Language Throughout Most Of Los Angeles ?
As Sara L stated, you probably wandered into the wrong neighborhood. English is the dominant language in Los Angeles (we do live in the U.S. you know :p ), but it also contains a lot of Hispanic residents that speak it as a second language. Another reason could be that people were just being paranoid or inhospitable by saying, "No hablo Ingles," just to avoid you. With L.A.'s reputation, you could understand why people would be cautious.
What area were you in that no one spoke English?? Sounds like someone wandered into the wrong neighborhood. Yes there are a lot of people who speak Spanish as their first language, but I don't really speak Spanish and I have lived here my entire life.Is English Considered A Foreign Language Throughout Most Of Los Angeles ?
Well, within the city boundaries of Los Angeles, there are now more hispanics than anglos, although, to be fair, at least half of those hispanics do speak English.Is English Considered A Foreign Language Throughout Most Of Los Angeles ?
Well, there are many Spanish speakers in Los Angeles, but, in most neighborhoods, you may find only one or two people that cannot speak English.



I have lived in Los Angeles my whole life, and only once have I been in a situation where I have had to reask a question.
well, los angeles is a pretty big city. so there are places in la that are grouped together with different races... next time you are lost, go to a store or something..
depends on what part of la you go to.

la is probably one of the most diverse places in california. so of course you're bound to encounter people who speak, spanish, mandarin, japanese, tagalog, english etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment